At the end of this lesson-
- 1. You will be able to explain Artificial Intelligence.
- 2. You will be able to explain several expert system their uses.
- 3. You will be able to describe different parts of a robot.
- 4. You will be able to describe the characteristics and uses of robot.
- 5. You will be able to differentiate expert system and robot.
Artificial Intelligence: Artificial intelligence is the ability of a computer-controlled system to perform tasks like a human can perform tasks. Father of AI British Scientist & Mathematician Alan Mathison Turing.
Artificial Intelligence is a branch of Computer Science & Engineering. Artificial Intelligence is applied in Expert System, Robotics etc. For implementing Artificial intelligence in Expert System, Robotics etc. several programming language like LISP, CLISP, PROLOG, C/C++, JAVA are used.
Expert System: An expert system is a computer system that emulates the decision-making ability of a human expert. Expert systems are designed to solve complex problems. In this system, there is a knowledge base. It’s possible to know an answer of a particular question from the knowledge base.
- Knowledge Base
- Father of A is B and Son of B is C
- What is the relation between A and C?
Uses of expert System:
- Configuring objects under constraints.
- Designing actions.
- Comparing observations to plan vulnerabilities.
- Providing incremental solutions for complex problems.
- Executing a plan to administer a prescribed remedy.
- Interpreting, predicting, repairing, and monitoring system behaviors.
Several expert systems and their functions:
- Deep blue: Judge of chess
- Internist: Medical officer
- Mycin and Cadulus: Medical officer
- Mycsyma: Solve mathematical problem
- Dendral: Teach programming
- Prospector: Search mineral and mining
Robotics: Robotics is the branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots.
Robot:Robot is one kind of computer-controlled electro-mechanical machine designed to execute one or more tasks automatically with speed and precision. It is designed based on artificial Intelligence that can perform tasks like human and controlled by computer program.
Generally, a robot is organized by the following components:
- Power System
- Electric Circuit
- Movable Body
Characteristics of robot:
- 1. A robot is a machine that gathers information about its environment and uses that information to follow instructions to do work.
- 2. A robot has to be artificial which means it is made by a human.
- 3. They also have to be controlled by a computer and it has to sense its surrounding environment.
- 4. The robot has to be able to perform actions and movements.
- 5. Robots were made to the jobs that were too dangerous, dirty, or too delicate for humans to handle alone.
- 6. Some robots were made to do the jobs that people were just too lazy to do, or just too boring.
Applications of robot:
- Industrial robots: These robots bring into play in an industrialized manufacturing atmosphere.
- Domestic robots: Robots which are used at home. for example- robotic pool cleaners, robotic sweepers, robotic vacuum cleaners, robotic sewer cleaners and other robots that can perform different household tasks.
- Medical robots: Robots employed in medicine and medicinal institutes. First & foremost surgical treatment robots.
- Service robots: These could be various data collecting robots, robots prepared to exhibit technologies, robots employed for research, etc.
- Military robots: This sort of robots consist of bomb discarding robots, various shipping robots, exploration drones.
- Entertainment robots: These types of robots are employed for entertainment. It begins with model robots such as robosapien.
- Space robots: This type of robots would consist of the robots employed on Canadarm that was brought into play in space Shuttles, the International Space Station, together with Mars explorers and other robots employed in space exploration & other activities.
Knowledge Based Questions:
- a. What is artificial intelligence?
- a. What is expert system?
- a. What is robotics?
- a. What is robot?
Comprehension Based Questions:
- b. “Machine can work automatically”- Explain.
- b. Explain the technology used in risky task.
- b. “It is convenient to use machine in risky task”-Explain.
- b. Explain the role of artificial intelligence in robot.
- b. “Artificial Intelligence is an important branch of Computer Science”-Explain.
- b. How Artificial Intelligence is related to medical service? –Explain.
- b. “Computer is a program controlled machine”-Explain.
- b. How robot makes human work easier? -Explain.
Multiple Choice Questions: