At the end of this lesson-
- 1. You will be able to explain the concept of global village.
- 2. You will be able to explain the elements for establishing global village.
- 3. You will be able to explain the advantages and disadvantages of global village.
- 4. You will be able to describe the principal elements related to concept of global village.
Global village:Global village is such an environment where the world considered as a single community in which telecommunications link the inhabitants together. Marshall McLuhan Father of Global Village.
Elements for establishing Global Village
Hardware: In global village for any kind of communication or information exchange compatible hardware or equipment is needed.
Software or Program: For establishing global village, beside hardware different types of software are required.
Network or Connectivity: Internet is the main networking system in the global village.High speed network is needed for information exchange and communication with all parts of the global village.
Data or Information: Data or information is valuable materials at each level of the global village to exchange.
Awareness & Competence: Global village largely depends on technology . Hence need proper implementation of the public interest , knowledge, awareness, capability and efficiency.
Advantages & Disadvantages of global village:
- World wide secured communication within few seconds.
- A lot of sources of information globally.
- Easy to have information.
- Increasing capability of adapting technology & Uses.
- Developed living style.
- Increased human efficiency of work.
- Expand trade and commerce.
- Easy transaction system.
- Available educational resources.
- Having medical facilities sitting at home.
- Giving opinion and make people aware by writing on different platform.
- Privacy of information breaking down due to internet technology.
- Misuse of information.
- Sometimes fake news makes social collision.
- Developed countries can stifle development of undeveloped and under-developed countries.
- Economic depression in one country can trigger adverse reactions across the globe.
- Global competition puts pressure on small businesses who do not have resources to compete on a global scale.
Principal Components regarding concept of global village:
- Entertainment and Social Communication
- Cultural Activities
Knowledge Based Questions:
a. What is global village?
Comprehension Based Questions:
- b. ICT dependent globe is called global village-explain.
- b. “It is not possible to establish global village without ICT”-explain.
- b. Why internet is called the backbone of global village?
- b. “Global village is internet dependent system” explain.
Multiple Choice Questions: