At the end of this lesson-
- 1. You will be able to explain Nanotechnology.
- 2. You will be able to explain the uses of Nanotechnology.
Nanotechnology is a branch of technology where manipulation of matter on an atomic and molecular scale to create many new materials and devices. One nanometer (nm) is 10−9 of a meter.
Uses of Nanotechnology:
- Computer Hardware Manufacture
- Nano Robot
- Electronic Devices
- Fuel Cell
- Sports Tools
- Space Exploration
- Clothing Industry
- Artificial Limbs
Advantages of Nanotechnology:
- Longer lasting, small in size and light weight devices can be manufactured with this technology.
- “Smart drug” is an implementation of nanotechnology that helps cure people faster and without the side effects.
- Revolutionary development in electronics industry with the invention of Nano transistor, Nano diode, plasma display etc.
- Batteries, fuel cells, and solar cells can be built smaller but can be made to be more effective with this technology
Disadvantages of Nanotechnology:
- Atomic weapons can now be more accessible and made to be more powerful and more destructive. These can also become more accessible with nanotechnology.
- Presently, nanotechnology is very expensive and developing it can cost you a lot of money.
Knowledge Based Questions:
a. What is Nanotechnology?
Comprehension Based Questions:
Multiple Choice Questions: