Why NAND gate is called Universal Gate?
The gate which can implement all the basic gates (AND, OR, NOT) as well as any other gates and any circuit is called universal gate.
Three basic gates can be implemented with only NAND gate. Again any other gates and any circuit can be implemented with three basic gates. Since any gate and any circuit can be implemented with only NAND gates, NAND gate is called universal gate.
Do not memorize the answers to these questions. Sample questions and answers are provided so that you understand how the questions are asked and how to answer them.
♦ Subscribe to the YouTube channel to get video lectures
♦ Click to get Notes of HSC ICT Chapter 3
♦ Join the Facebook Group to get answer to ICT related any question
Similar Sample Questions:
- ‘NAND gate is a universal gate’ – explain.
- ‘NOR gate is a universal gate’ – explain.
- Why NOR gate is called Universal Gate? – Explain.
- Which gates are called universal gate and why?
See All Comprehension Based Question Answers
- Mizanur Rahman (Mizan)
- Lecturer in ICT, Shaheed Bir Uttam Lt. Anwar Girls’ College , Dhaka Cantonment
- Founder & Author at www.edupointbd.com
- Software Engineer at mands IT
- Former Lecturer in ICT, Cambrian College, Dhaka
- Contact: 01724351470