At the end of this lesson-
- 1. You will be able to explain corporate database.
- 2. You will be able to describe the uses of database in government organizations.
Corporate database: Corporate database is related to any enterprise from starting the enterprise to the wind up off. It contains all the information related to all the activities of any business. It contains the data about the history of related industry. Corporate database helps entrepreneur and managers to take better decisions and for proper controlling over market related activities.
The following DBMS are used in corporate database:
(iii) SQL Server
Government database: A government database collects information for various reasons, including climate monitoring, securities law compliance, geological surveys, patent applications and grants, surveillance, national security, border control, law enforcement, public health, voter registration, vehicle registration, social security, and statistics.
Uses of database in government organizations:
- National ID card
- Social Security number (SSN)
- Driver’s license
- Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS)
- Combined DNA Index System (CODIS)
- Investigative Data Warehouse (IDW)
- Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS)
- Case Management / Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF)
Knowledge Based Questions:
a. What is corporate database?
Comprehension Based Questions:
Multiple Choice Questions: