At the end of this lesson-
1. You will be able to implement any function.
2. You will be able to determine function from any circuit.
Implementation of any function:
- The function may need to be implemented with only basic gates.
- The function may need to be implemented with only universal gates.
- The function may need to be implemented using any type of gates.
- After simplifying the function, It may need to be implemented by basic or universal gates.
The following rules or sequences are followed to implement the function using the basic gates:
- If the function needs to be simplified, it needs to be simplified first.
- A common line has to be drawn for each of the variables in the function.
- From the left of the function the basic operations( NOT, AND, OR) must be done respectively. In this case the parentheses “()” must be given the priority.
Example-1: Implement the following function using only basic gates.
Example-2: Implement the following function.
Logic function from Logic Circuit:
- It may need to simplify logic functions from logic circuit.
- Simplified functions from a logic circuit can be implemented by basic or universal gates.
Example-1: Determine the simplified function from the following circuit.
Example-2: Implement the simplified function of the following circuit.
Now implement the above simplified function-
Knowledge Based Questions:
Comprehension Based Questions:
Multiple Choice Questions: